SecureOffice is an OpenWrt based, high performance, state of the art router / gateway / WiFi access point using a modern 64bit Linux kernel. It is intended to augment and replace your existing router with a higher functionality, increased security / performance state of the art system. It is also an application platform capable of hosting many services both for the internet and your local LAN. Be aware that many commercial systems have backdoors and are spying on you and your communications.
SecureOffice is intended to meet the privacy and security needs of anyone who uses the internet. It is designed to allow individuals and organizations to protect their information and privacy in the escalating war initiated by those who believe your private, peaceful, lawful business is their concern. The first rule of war is: know your enemy. Do not allow them to know you, but, do know them.
SecureOffice allows you to migrate from remote hosting of websites, telephone, fax, email and file storage services to local hosting, allowing you to keep your communications and information secure, under your control and private. It is becoming very risky to trust third parties with YOUR information.
Basic SecureOffice provides all standard OpenWrt packages (for free) with zero cost download and package updates. Anything that OpenWrt provides is available for SecureOffice, without the hassle of having to build it. OpenWrt has a vast array of HowTo's for application packages such as file, media servers, etc. OpenWrt has a very active user forum for questions and support.
SecureOffice also supports the premium SecurePBX (secure telephone / fax) and VmWare Workstation (run virtual machines such as web and email servers) applications.
- Reduce / eliminate your phone / cellphone bills by migrating to VOIP.
- Eliminate your web hosting bills by self-hosting.
- Never pay for or manually renew SSL certificates ever again.
- Can run on commodity / inexpensive PC hardware. Repurpose / recycle your old PC's.
- Consolidate multiple dedicated, power hungry servers and router into one central low power unit.
- Based on opensource, peer reviewed code. No possibility of the backdoors or spyware present in many commercial communications products.
- Secure, encrypted phone (video also) / messaging / fax communications. No special phones required, can use free PC, Android phone applications.
- Keep your emails private, immune to demands by (in)security state from service providers.
- Be immune to security breaches at / by service providers.
- Keep your clients / associates and intellectual property private.
- Monitor your security cameras and alarm system remotely by cellphone or PC.
- Basic SecureOffice operating system and all packages / applications available for OpenWrt. A high performance, state of the art, secure router and application hosting platform. The free package list can be viewed here.
- Available applications include media, file, web servers, virtual private networking (client / server), a rich set of utilities and programming languages such as lua, python, php and perl for custom applications.
- Download access to the custom package / script repository. Once custom packages / scripts are installed, they stay installed / running forever.
- Custom packages / applications developed for / ported to SecureOffice. The custom package and dependency list can be viewed here.
- Luci-app-nginx-certificates: LetsEncrypt client for free, automatically renewing SSL certificates.
- Logtrigger: An automated syslog event parser, for detecting hacker intrusions with custom script capability for responding to any syslog event. Also useful for automation / alarm systems, custom response (such as sending emails) to system events.
- Xorg: Standard Linux GUI. Allows running Xorg applications and configuring SecureOffice to be a TV box for media applications.
- Lxterminal: An Xorg multi-tabbed console application.
- NxServer: Remote access to SecureOffice Xorg GUI.
- Xeoma: IP camera monitoring application. Allows SecureOffice to also be a security monitoring / recording system.
- Kurento Media Server (experimental, geeks only): A WebRTC media server and a set of client APIs simplifying the development of advanced video applications for WWW and smartphone platforms. Kurento Media Server features include group communications, transcoding, recording, mixing, broadcasting and routing of audiovisual flows.
- WebRTC Streamer: Easily stream V4L2 capture devices and RTSP sources (IP Cameras) to internet clients such as Android phones and PC's for security applications.
- ZoneMinder: IP camera surveialnce / recording, motion detection alarm system. Also integrates with X10 systems.
- Home Assistant: Home automation, IOT device control.
- VPN Scripts: Easily create VPN client / server configuration / certificates. Also provides ability to easily provide services / websites over VPN, making your services / websites appear anywhere, globally where VPN endpoints exist.
- RAID Scripts: Easily create SecureOffice RAID arrays for data reliability. Also provides status emails when significant events such as disk failure occur.
Premium applications ported to SecureOffice.
- SecurePBX: Freeswitch / FusionPBX SIP (VOIP) PBX. Secure audio / video telephony, messaging and fax. Powerful enough to provode phone service for a small town or large organization.
- Vmware Workstation: Run virtual machines to provide additional services such as email, websites, etc. Commercial users must also license from Vmware.
The SecureOffice team is actively developing the following applications:
- DNSCrypt: Encrypt DNS traffic so snoops cannot monitor your DNS queries, thus knowing the sites you visit. It also protects against DNS spoofing (used by hackers to redirect you to counterfeit sites, for purpose of collecting login credentials, cred card and banking information). Combined with internet browsing over a VPN connection, nobody can monitor your internet activity.
- OwnCloud: Your personal secure storage space in the cloud, hosted on SecureOffice. Remotely access your files using PC's, Android devices and phones. Cross borders without risk of your data being snooped on by customs device searches.
- WireGuard: Next generation, vastly higher performance VPN protocol, far superior to OpenVPN.
A complete overview of SecureOffice is located here.