SecureOffice is an OpenWrt based, high performance, state of the art router / gateway / WiFi access point using a modern 64bit Linux kernel. It is intended to augment and / or replace your existing router with a higher functionality, increased security / performance state of the art system. It is also an application platform capable of hosting many services for the internet (public) and your local LAN (private). Be aware that many commercial systems have backdoors and are spying on you and your communications.
SecureOffice is intended to meet the privacy and security needs of anyone who uses the internet. It is designed to allow individuals and organizations to protect their information and privacy in the escalating war initiated by those who believe your private, peaceful, lawful business is their concern. The first rule of war is: know your enemy. Do not allow them to know you, but, do know them.
SecureOffice allows you to migrate from remote hosting of websites, telephone, internet of things, fax, email and file storage services to local hosting, allowing you to keep your communications and information secure, under your control and private. It is becoming very risky to trust third parties with YOUR information.
Basic SecureOffice provides all standard OpenWrt packages (for free) with zero cost download and package updates. Anything that OpenWrt provides is available for SecureOffice, without the hassle of having to build it. OpenWrt has a vast array of HowTo's for application packages such as file, media servers, etc. OpenWrt has a very active user forum for questions and support.
SecureOffice runs on standard PC (x86_64) and media player (Amlogic TV Box, aarch64) hardware.
SecureOffice also provides the premium SecurePBX (secure telephone / fax), Docker Containers and VmWare Workstation (x86_64 only for running virtual machines such as web and email servers) packages.
SecureOffice is available pre-installed on select hardware or can be manually installed by users with Windows 7 (x86_64) compatible hardware (technical skills required).
- Reduce / eliminate your phone / cellphone bills by migrating to VOIP.
- Eliminate your web hosting bills by self-hosting.
- Never pay for or manually renew SSL certificates ever again.
- Runs on commodity / inexpensive PC or media player (TV Box) hardware. Repurpose / recycle your old PC's.
- Consolidate multiple dedicated, power hungry servers and router into one central low power unit.
- Based on opensource, peer reviewed code. No possibility of the backdoors or spyware present in many commercial communications products.
- Secure, encrypted phone (video also) / messaging / fax communications. No special phones required, can use free PC, MAC, iPhone or Android client phone applications.
- Keep your communications / emails private, immune to demands by (in)security state from service providers.
- Be immune to security breaches at / by service providers.
- Keep your clients / associates and intellectual property private.
- Monitor your security cameras, devices and alarm system remotely by cellphone or PC.
- All packages / applications available for OpenWrt. The free package lists (architecture dependent) can be viewed for x86_64 (Intel / AMD machines), or aarch64 (Amlogic ARM machines).
- Basic SecureOffice which is everything available for OpenWrt.
- Available applications include media, file, web servers, virtual private networking (client / server), a rich set of utilities and programming languages such as lua, python, php and perl for custom applications.
- Package updates. The free package lists (architecture dependent) can be viewed for x86_64 (Intel / AMD machines), or aarch64 (Amlogic ARM machines)
- Support using this website forum, OpenWrt HowTo's and support forum.
- The custom package / script repository contains packages (that are not available from any other OpenWrt distribution, unique to SecureOffice) which required engineering effort to create and are therefore not free.
- Download access to the custom package / script repository. Once custom packages / scripts are installed, they stay installed / running forever.
- Custom packages / applications developed for / ported to SecureOffice. The custom package lists (architecture dependent) can be viewed for x86_64 (Intel / AMD machines), or aarch64 (AmlogicARM machines).
- LetsEncrypt: Free, automatically renewing SSL certificates. Package details: Luci-app-nginx-certificates.
- Logtrigger: Automated syslog event parser, for detecting hacker intrusions with custom script capability for responding to any syslog event. Also useful for automation / alarm systems, custom response (such as sending emails / text message) in response to system events (anything that appears in syslog). Also performs IP banning (block access from specific IP addresses) for repeated login failures (prevents dictionary attacks) attempting to access secure shell or SecurePBX. LogTrigger comes pre-configured to block invalid access attempts.
- Xorg: Standard Linux GUI. Allows running standard Xorg applications and configuring SecureOffice for media / GUI applications such as TV box or IP camera viewer.
- (xorg) FluxBox: Window manager.
- (xorg) Lxterminal: Multi-tabbed console for Linux shell access.
- (xorg) NxServer: Server for remote access to SecureOffice Xorg desktop GUI.
- (xorg) Xeoma: Video surveillance system. Free for up to eight cameras. Add IP cameras and turn SecureOffice into a video surveillance system / DVR.
- WebRTC Streamer: Stream V4L2 (video for Linux) capture devices and RTSP sources (IP Cameras) to internet clients such as Android phones and PC's for security applications.
- ZoneMinder: IP camera surveillance / recording, motion detection alarm system. Also integrates with X10 systems. Package details: ZoneMinder.
- Home Assistant: Home automation, IOT device control. Docker version requires premium docker package. SecureOffice installation alternatives: Home Assistant.
- NextCloud: Self-hosted productivity platform that keeps you in control of your information / services and who is allowed to access. Requires paid Docker license. It provides access to your data through a web interface, sync clients or WebDAV while providing a platform to view, sync and share across devices easily, all under your control. This will be useful for "cleaning" your laptop and Andriod phone to avoid "paranoid" border crossing events. Package details: NextCloud.
- RClone: Locally mount and access cloud storage providers such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive using SecureOffice. Package details: RClone.
- VPN Scripts: Easily create VPN client / server configuration / certificates. Also provides ability to easily provide services / websites over VPN, making your services / websites appear anywhere, globally where VPN endpoints exist.
- RAID Scripts: Easily create RAID arrays for data reliability. Also provides status emails when significant events such as disk failure occur.
All premium licensed applications are available with 30-day free trial licences. These applications require many custom packages as dependencies, meaning that trial users must have access to the SecureOffice custom repository to be able to install trial licensed packages.
Premium applications for SecureOffice are available with yearly or permanent licenses. It is strongly advised to be satisfied with the trial application before committing to a paid license. These packages required very significant engineering effort and are copy protected. These applications require many custom packages as dependencies, meaning that users have access to the SecureOffice custom repository to be able to install trial licensed packages.
- SecurePBX: Freeswitch / FusionPBX SIP (VOIP) PBX. Secure audio / video telephony, messaging and fax. Powerful enough to provide phone service for a small town or large organization.
- Vmware Workstation (x86_64 only): Run virtual machines to provide additional services such as email, websites, etc. Commercial users must also license from VmWare.
- Docker: Next generation way to provide internet services. Rapidly replacing virtual machines for services deployment. Here's why.
- More to come, based on user requests.
The SecureOffice team is actively developing the following applications:
- DNSCrypt: Encrypt DNS traffic so snoops cannot monitor your DNS queries, thus knowing the websites you visit. It also protects against DNS spoofing (used by hackers to redirect you to counterfeit sites, for purpose of collecting login credentials, credit card and banking information). Combined with internet browsing over a VPN connection, nobody can monitor your internet activity.
- WireGuard: Next generation, vastly higher performance VPN protocol, far superior to OpenVPN.
- In process of porting SecureOffice to inexpensive Android TV boxes which will be available with SecureOffice pre-installed, for the home market (lower cost / performance compared to PC's).
A complete overview of SecureOffice is located here.